Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug Messages containing unknown Internet adresses

roesch4alc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

today I´ve got a problem with one of our branch offices, connected via VPN (Cisco 836). The VPN Tunnel Connection teared down from time to time.

So I´ve tried some debugging commands and I´ve also debugged the dialer and the corresponding Virtual Interface Interface. Then I´ve seen some outputs on my terminal. A few of them contained messages, that I find a little bit strange, because they contain external IP Adresses, that belongs to the DoD or one Headquarter of the USAISC in Fort Huachuca. What does the messages in general tell me and why do I see IP Adresses with source and destination from foreign military institutions, that are strategic headquarters for IT (Security)?

011985: Aug 18 14:46:30.777 mez: Di1 DDR: ip (s=30.6.9.43, d=6.1.4.1), 2 bytes, outgoing interesting (set by protocol)

Did somebody else recognize that messages or already had seedn this IP Adresses?

Best Regards

Sebastian

1 Reply 1

roesch4alc
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: