cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Did IPS license still support Pix515e?

christopher0622
Level 1
Level 1

i just bought a pix515e firewall, but i found this is already end of sale. i have already update IOS8 into pix firewall, did it still can suport IPS from cisco?

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The security appliance offers the option to purchase a DES or 3DES-AES license to enable specific features that provide encryption technology, such as secure remote management (SSH, ASDM, and so on), site-to-site VPN, and remote access VPN. Enabling the license requires an encryption license key.

If you ordered your security appliance with a DES or 3DES-AES license, the encryption license key comes with the security appliance.

If you did not order your security appliance with a DES or 3DES-AES license and would like to purchase one now, the encryption licenses are available at no charge on Cisco.com.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix70/quick/guide/70_515qk.html#wp33575

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: