Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DMVPN and IPsec VPN on same Hub router

Hello,

I found in the forum that we can configure DMVPN and IPsec vpn on the same hub router, but I can't find the required config or example with it.

Can somebody help me to get this info?

When establishing the configured IPsec tunnel, can it for some reasons ipact working DMVPN infrastructure?

Thanks,

Arturas

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

DMVPN can be running on top of IPsec.

I assume you mean something like DMVPN and ezvpn together:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801eafcb.shtml

M.

Currently I have DMVPN hub and spoke topology. I need to make a vpn site-to-site ipsec tunnel between my hub router and ASA using same external interface. Whant main points is when changing config at hub?  I need to know if changing hub config will impact whole DMVPN traffic.

Arturas

Cisco Employee

Arturas,

No if you plan it carefully it will not impact your deployment of DMVPN.

Same concepts (separating on isakmp profile level) CAN be applied. You can also stick to using a single keyring .Conceptually it should work, unless you're already using something fancy in your IPsec config for DMVPN. If you're using DMVPN without IPsec, shoult not be a problem at all ;-)

M.

Bronze

Hi Arturas,

if you have configured your DMVPN according to Cisco recommendations with "tunnel protection profile" you should have no issues at all configuring a site to site VPN crypto map in parallel. The crypto map should be configured not to try to catch any of the DMVPN sessions which shouldn't be a problem for static site to site as the peers might be different. If your DMVPN and site to site peers overlap you might need to do some wizardry

Rgds, MiKa

Hi,

Thanks for quick and helpful answers:) I hope I will get the DMVPN config to see deeper what is configured. I will be back soon.

Arturas

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content