Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

DMVPN compatible with GRE/IPSEC tunnel interface?

Set Up:

Router spoke11 has dmvpn multimpoint tunnel11 (phy s1/0) to hub31 dmvpn multimpoint tunnel11 (phy s1/0). Router spoke11 has gre/ipsec ptp tunnel 111 (phy s1/0) to hub32 ptp gre/ipsec tunnel 111 (phy s1/0).

Router spoke12 has dmvpn multimpoint tunnel11 (phy s1/0) to hub31 dmvpn multimpoint tunnel11 (phy s1/0). Router spoke12 has gre/ipsec ptp tunnel 112 (phy s1/0) to hub32 gre/ipsec ptp tunnel 112 (phy s1/0).

Router hub31 has a dmvpn multimpoint tunnel 11 (phy s1/0). Router hub32 has two gre/ipsec ptp tunnels 111 and 112 (phy s1/0).

Eigrp 101 is running on spoke11 t111, spoke12 t112 and hub32 t111 and t112.

Eigrp 102 is running on spoke11 t11, spoke12 t11 and hub31 t11.

Problem:

Even with all eigrp disabled. T11 and T111 can not stay up. They are up for a while then invalid spi message tears them down.

Routers are 1760, 2651XM with IOS 12.4.3a advanced ip services.

Any one knows whether DMVPN multipoint interface and GRE/IPSec interface can co-exist on routers share same physical port?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: DMVPN compatible with GRE/IPSEC tunnel interface?

It is not clear to me on what you are trying. From my knowledge, GRE over IPSEC will use the DMVPN multipoint interface.

Community Member

GRE over IPSec can use DMVPN or traditional crypto map.

The problem I bumped into is on the router with legacy GRE/IPsec/Crypto.map configuration, if I configed a DMVPN multipoint tunnel interface, even mGRE went to a different destination (sharing the same source physical interface with legacy crypto.map GRE/IPsec), mGRE and GRE/IPSec/Crypto.map can not both stay up....

IOS 12.4.5, advanced services feature set.

Community Member

Did you figure this out? Im running into the same problem as I want to connect our 2 hub locations with a GRE tunnel. I may just drop a second router in to handle the site to site but it seems like a work around as opposed to a solution.

Community Member

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content