cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMvpn setup between 3800-1841

wshall
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to setup DMVPN between a 3800 series (3841 I believe) and 2 1841's. Each 1841 will be at a remote site. I've been trying to follow the examples in the dmvpn.pdf document on Ciscos site. Since this is my first attempt at VPN's I really don't know where to look to fix this problem or really understand what I'm seeing.

Below are the configs from the Hub router (3800) and one of the spokes (1841). We've just picked IP address out of the air since this is just a small test network.

At the end of both configs are some of the errors which pop up. It seems to create the tunnel because of the route error but I can't see where my config differs from the (I assume) working model from the Cisco DMVPN.pdf document. I've tried changing the Vlan440 IP to be on the same subnet as the remote network but this only gets rid of the eigrp error message. Just don't know where to look next, It must be something very simple I've missed.

Thanks

wes

4 Replies 4

flaneryw
Level 1
Level 1

Wes,

You seem to be missing the "tunnel protection ipsec profile Site2Site" and "crypto ipsec profile Site2Site" commands on the spoke router.

The crypto map that you have there should not be needed for this configuration.

For the routing I usually use a network statement for the TUNNEL NETWEORK under router eigrp ...on each router.

On the spoke router I point a static route to the distant tunnel endpoint to the next hop out the OUTSIDE interface (and it usually finds it via the default route). I use a network statement under router eigrp to advertise the INSIDE network.

On the hub router I use the network statement for the OUTSIDE interfaces network, and have it peer with then next hop router there. I also use a network statement under router eigrp to advertise any INSIDE networks, or form a peer with an inside router.

I have set these up in various environments and they work great.

Bill

I tried your suggestions but they did not work. I think this is a Cisco error because of the following:

1. I continue to recieve the EIGRP error message with your suggestions.

2. I cut and pasted a config example for the dmvpn document and still receive the error.

I'll post my config with your suggestions after lunch. If you can take a look any help would be accepted. I'm also going to check for updates and maybe post to the routing forum.

Thank you

wes

I tried your suggestions but they did not work. I think this is a Cisco error because of the following:

1. I continue to recieve the EIGRP error message with your suggestions.

2. I cut and pasted a config example for the dmvpn document and still receive the error.

I'll post my config with your suggestions after lunch. If you can take a look any help would be accepted. I'm also going to check for updates and maybe post to the routing forum.

Thank you

wes

Bill, I was completely wrong. After more investigation and some trial and error "Everything just clicked" (the VPN and my brain). Thanks for your help. You got me looking in the right direction.

Thanks Again

wes