Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DMVPN Spoke having dual ISP?

I have dual ISP at the branch side (one is DSL And other is Cellular provider). I have dMvpn setup for interoffice communciation.

I want to use DSL as a primary link for DMVPN and cellular as a backup. At the hub side we have got single  DMVPN cloud. so ideally when DSL conenection at the branch router is down  vpn source in dmvpn tunnel should be changed to the cellular interface.

I have created configuration at the branch office using EEM script and did test it, the issue is traffic is not getting failover to the Cellular to DSL whenever DSL connectivity got restored.

i test it by shutting the port down. i have attached basic configuration along with diagram, can anyone please advise me what are we missing? 

or any other alternative approach does anyone has?

Thanks

1 REPLY
VIP Green

Where are your routes

Where are your routes pointing?

And why are you using EEM?

You could just have two tunnel interfaces with one sourcing from ISP1 interface and the other from ISP2 interface, and configure both for DMVPN.

Then set up an IP SLA to track an IP on the internet.

Set up two default routes one with next hop of ISP1 the other with next hop of ISP2, but add the track keyword to the route going to ISP1.

Now when ISP1 goes down, all traffic should start sending out ISP2 interface thereby also establishing the tunnel via ISP2.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

Please remember to rate and select a correct answer
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content