Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS resolution on Anyconnect - multiple different internal DNS servers

watcher60
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We have multiple different internal windows AD domains within our network, that currently do not replicate their DNS zones between them.

• Is there anyway with an ASA/anyconnect VPN to create a configuration so the ASA inspects the DNS lookups from a user connected via the anyconnect VPN client, and route it to a defined internal DNS server?

For example I have three internal AD domains site1.com with a dns server ip of 1.1.1.1 , site2.com 2.2.2.2, site3.com with a dns server ip of 3.3.3.3, when a user VPN's in and performs a dns lookup for the name server1.site1.com the ASA see's it is for site1.com and routes the lookup to 1.1.1., however when a user performs a dns lookup for server1.site2.com, the asa see's its is fro site2.com and routes the DNS lookup to 2.2.2.2.

Any thoughts on alteratives to over come the problem also welcome and/or if anyone can point me to a link that explains the function of "mulitple DNS server groups, which is located in the ASDM interface under Remote Access VPN->DNS (as I have not been able to find a plain english explanation of the function as I am unsure if this does what I am looking for)

Thanks

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: