Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DNS resolution on Anyconnect - multiple different internal DNS servers

All,

We have multiple different internal windows AD domains within our network, that currently do not replicate their DNS zones between them.

• Is there anyway with an ASA/anyconnect VPN to create a configuration so the ASA inspects the DNS lookups from a user connected via the anyconnect VPN client, and route it to a defined internal DNS server?

For example I have three internal AD domains site1.com with a dns server ip of 1.1.1.1 , site2.com 2.2.2.2, site3.com with a dns server ip of 3.3.3.3, when a user VPN's in and performs a dns lookup for the name server1.site1.com the ASA see's it is for site1.com and routes the lookup to 1.1.1., however when a user performs a dns lookup for server1.site2.com, the asa see's its is fro site2.com and routes the DNS lookup to 2.2.2.2.

Any thoughts on alteratives to over come the problem also welcome and/or if anyone can point me to a link that explains the function of "mulitple DNS server groups, which is located in the ASDM interface under Remote Access VPN->DNS (as I have not been able to find a plain english explanation of the function as I am unsure if this does what I am looking for)

Thanks

• VPN
Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.