Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS Troubles When VPN Client Connection Active

Using the latest Cisco VPN client. Supporting remote clients ... when I VPN out to client sites I lose connectivity to my local exchange server. The client's DNS appears to become primary on a VPN connection resulting in it resolving to the public address of our exchange server. In the Transport settings I have 'allow LAN access'. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Whether or not local lan access is allowed is a setting on the remote device, not just in your client. To see if you are getting local lan access, look under the statistics/route details tab.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Whether or not local lan access is allowed is a setting on the remote device, not just in your client. To see if you are getting local lan access, look under the statistics/route details tab.

Nice catch - thanks! It was disabled for a particular client I was working with.

Could I get help on where to find the statistics/route details tab? What do you mean by remote device?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: