cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco VPN client block incoming traffic from the local network when connected to the VPN

HHSITAuditor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I'm trying to find out if a computer that connects to a VPN using the Cisco VPN client is protected from incoming traffic on the local network (i.e. are ports blocked). My understanding is that when the computer is connected to the VPN, local LAN access is disabled and the computer essentially becomes invisible to the local network, which prevents a hacker on the local network (e.g. a hotel network) from compromising a computer connected to a VPN. The computer is assigned a new IP address to the internal vpn and so the computer also loses access to any local resources (e.g. shares, printers, etc.). We have split tunneling disabled.

Is this true?

Thanks.

-Don

2 Replies 2

rizwanr74
Level 7
Level 7

"We have split tunneling disabled."

Yes sir.

that is true.

thanks

ShaneS1975
Level 1
Level 1

I am a system administrator. I have several company employees who use Cisco Anyconnect. I recently had a user that moved and got new equipment from his ISP. Previously i was able to make remote connections to him using the remote portion of a very popular system center configuration manager. Now that he has moved and got new equipment we cannot make a connection i know most routers come defaulted (if the firewall is enabled) to block all incoming traffic. If he has split tunneling enabled would the firewall block a remote assistance request at the handshake.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: