cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does VPN works with two Different Public IP from two Different ISP?

Lasandro Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

I want to setup on Cisco ASA 5510 with two different ISPs, and i've two public IP addresses.

let supose the IP are:
ISP01 -> IP address 1.1.1.1

ISP02 -> IP address 2.2.2.2

As default ip route, it is the gateway from ISP01 1.1.1.4, and as backup the gateway from ISP02 2.2.2.4.bli

I'm using the Firewall for VPN services, so the clients connects to its public IP.

Now my question is:
Could VPN works on both public IPs on the same time?

Regards!

2 Replies 2

thomas.busse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lessandro,

take a look at this topic: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2240710?tstart=60

regards,

Thomas

Jeet Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are using the VPN client (IPsec) then answer is no it doesn't work with the both the ISP at the same time. The reason behind this is when the a VPN client connect it adds a dynamic route for the VPN pool IP pointing it towards your default gateway. So whichever ISP you are using as a default gateway you can connect the VPN client only on that interface.

Is you are using Anyconnect VPN client then no problem you can connect to any interface if any connect is enable on that interface.

If you are using site to site then please refer the link Thomas gave you.

I hope this Answers your query.

Thanks

Jeet Kumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: