Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Dual HUB_DMVPN Single Cloud Query

Hello All,

I m working on one design where I have to provide DMVPN as a tertiary backup to the existing Prim/Sec BGP/MPLS setup which is in HUB and Spoke topology. I have created scenario and working on configuration.. but I have some queries here but before that I will explain scenario and accordingly queries -  

1. There are prim/sec HUB/DC and spoke sites which are in HUB and spoke topology

2. One VRF has been used for customer routes which has been configured on Prim/Sec HUB CE routers and no VRF configuration on spoke CE routers

3. To this I have to provide DMVPN as a tertiary backup with Dual HUB DMVPN setup using EIGRP over DMVPN cloud

4.  Now, At HUB and Spoke sites we will introduce another router acting as a DMVPN HUB which will have iBGP with Prim/Sec and will run EIGRP for DMVPN

5. Similarly we will introduce DMVPN router at spoke sites

Now queries

1. Do I need to configure VRF on DMVPN as well?

2. Here I m going to do mutual redistribution between BGP and EIGRP on HUB so while redistributing from BGP to EIGRP will it be VRF specific? So in that case do I need to configure EIGRP with VRF?

3. I m wondering whether we really need to configure and really not sure on this. I think when we redistribute from EIGRP to BGP that time it will come under specific VRF address-family configuration under BGP configuration and when we redistribute from BGP to EIGRP it will be just as is without any VRF really required. M I right?

Thanks for reading my queries and appreciate your answers very much..

Many thanks,

Everyone's tags (1)
VIP Purple

Is your current primary "hub

Is your current primary "hub and spoke" system using DMVPN or MPLS?

Community Member

It is MPLS..

It is MPLS..

VIP Purple

So you are acting as a

So you are acting as a service provider, offering a L3VPN MPLS service?

If so, the DMVPN can go on your service provider side, and not have VRFs on it (well, you could place any Internet circuit in a separate VRF for security). You could configure the CE the same way as you configure any other CE, just rather than it having (say) a fibre backhaul, it will have a DMVPN backhaul.

Community Member

Ok, thanks mate for reply...

Ok, thanks mate for reply... my DMVPN will have public network (Internet) as the underlay network.. So that means it will be just normal configuration... right ?

VIP Purple

CreatePlease to create content