cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic L2L VPN on a PIX 525

jimerino
Level 1
Level 1

I've a PIX 525 with the new 7.0.4 software version.

I try to do an VPN connection using a SOHO client with a pre-share key, 3des, md5 and aggresive-mode with diffie-hellman group 1.

I'll try everything and allways get the following message when I debug:

[IKEv1]: Group = DefaultRAGroup, IP = 192.168.1.103, Xauth required but selected Proposal does not support xauth, Check priorities of ike xauth proposals in ike proposal list

[IKEv1 DEBUG]: Group = DefaultRAGroup, IP = 192.168.1.103, IKE AM Responder FSM error history (struct &0x3841238) <state>, <event>: AM_DONE, EV_ERROR-->AM_BLD_MSG2, EV_CHK_PROPOSAL-->AM_BLD_MSG2, EV_TEST_CERT-->AM_BLD_MSG2, EV_SECRET_KEY_OK

[IKEv1 DEBUG]: Group = DefaultRAGroup, IP = 192.168.1.103, IKE SA AM:99290bd9 terminating: flags 0x0100c001, refcnt 0, tuncnt 0

[IKEv1 DEBUG]: sending delete/delete with reason message

[IKEv1]: Group = DefaultRAGroup, IP = 192.168.1.103, Removing peer from peer table failed, no match!

Sep 13 12:54:12 [IKEv1]: Group = DefaultRAGroup, IP = 192.168.1.103, Error: Unable to remove PeerTblEntry

The tunnel policy is dynamic because the router client ip will be dynamic.

My questions: Why the DefaultRAGroup is involved if I try to get a L2L tunnel? How can I got a dynamic tunnel and that the group policy applied will be the DefaultL2LGroup?

How can avoid the xauth in that configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Jose I. Merino

18 Replies 18

could you post your config for the remote end also.

Patrick

Here is the remote site config which runs PIX-525 IOS 6.3.5.

Hello,

So here is what you need at your central site to match the incomming l2l vpn. I think this should take care of your problem. If your still haveing problems with Authentication you can edit the "group-policy DefaultL2LGroup attributes" and disable user-authentication. Shooting from the hip on that group-policy.

******************************* ASA Central Site

!make this central acl exacly opposite of your remote acl.

access-list l2l-central-remote permit ip object-group my-net(local subnet) object-group your-net(remote subnet)

crypto map vpn-map 20 match address l2l-central-remote

crypto map vpn-map 20 set transform-set AES256-SHA

********************525 Remote Site**** Just some clean up easier to read long term.

!Just a little clean up easier to track long term

no isakmp policy 31 authentication pre-share

no isakmp policy 31 encryption aes-256

no isakmp policy 31 hash sha

no isakmp policy 31 group 2

no isakmp policy 31 lifetime 86400

isakmp policy 10 authentication pre-share

isakmp policy 10 encryption aes-256

isakmp policy 10 hash sha

isakmp policy 10 group 2

isakmp policy 10 lifetime 86400

Patrick

Patrick,

These didn't help. When I run those 2 entries on central site, I get incomplete map message and it doesn't work.

my ASA(config)# crypto map vpn-map 500 match address l2l-central-remote

WARNING: The crypto map entry is incomplete!

my ASA(config)# crypto map vpn-map 500 set transform-se aes256-sha

WARNING: The crypto map entry is incomplete!

I fixed my issue by re-keying both ends. On Default-L2L-Group key and for remote site "isakmp key xxxxx address xx.xx.xx.xx" entry.

I guess, my keys were incorrect hence it wasn't matching on L2LGroup and falling back to RAGroup.