cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

easy vpn, plz help

shaila_rox
Level 1
Level 1

hi i m setting up easy vpn between two 3640 routers, 1 is a server and the other is client, ios is c3640-jk9o3s-mz.124-12,, on the server i had a loopback address of 12.0.0.20, now at client under client configuration i selected mode client, everything goes well i m asked for xauth, i entered n on client a loopback is formed and ip from the pool is assigned to it ( my pool was 12.0.0.1 - 12.0.0.5) ip assigend was 12.0.0.1, at server i issued reverse-route under dynamic-map, so after assingning the ip it created a static route to 20.0.0.1/32 !!! till here its fine but wat abt the client ??? client didnt setup any route for the the receiving ip !! now suppose if i want to ping the loopback of server 20.0.0.20 the client wont be able to ping it cause the same network is found on its loopback interface right, now plz tell me the solution of it, like server is there any way to inject the route automatically or do i have to do anything else plz tell me

thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shaila,

First off, what is the purpose of the loopback interface in our case? Secondly, do we have split tunnel configured?

The server does inject the routes for the network/subnets and hosts configured in the Split tunnel ACL. So if split tunnel is configured then you might want to add the loopback ip to it. If the split tunnel is not configured then by default a default route is pushed.

HTH,

Regards,

Kamal

can anybody tell me how to configure gre over easy vpn ??? i have easy vpn formed between 2 routers, one as a server and 1 as a client ( im using with 12.4 t1 ios ) now i want all the traffic to go thru the tunnel just like in site to site vpn, but i m not able to do it easy vpn, nor i found any such configuration example on cisco !! is this scenrios possible at all ?? if some1 has done it plz tell me

Hi Shaila,

GRE tunnel is entirely different concept than the easy VPN.

You can tunnel all traffic from the router using EasyVPN. Disable split tunnel, that would force the client to tunnel all the traffic(it includes the Interent traffic as well)

Hope this helps.

-Kanishka

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: