Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

easy vpn timeout

Hello, I would have sworn I already posted this question but couldn't find it, sorry if this is a repeat.

We have two 5505's connected via easy vpn, both at version 8.2.5.13.  Every half hour the session timed out and the remote end had to be rebooted in order to re-establish the tunnel.  In troubleshooting, I found this setting:  "vpn-idle-timeout", which has a default of 30 minutes.  However, there was a video stream flowing down the tunnel, so the connection should not have been considered "idle".

In further troubleshooting I found this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807e0aca.shtml#solution13

But the wording makes it sounds like the connection will be disconnected after 30 minutes *even if* it is not idle:

"The VPN client gets disconnected after 30 minutes regardless of the setting of idle timeout and encounters the

PEER_DELETE-IKE_DELETE_UNSPECIFIED

error."

Can someone decrypt that for me?  What I'd like to know is:  will my connection still be disconnected every 30 minutes regardless of how I set the vpn-idle-timeout?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content