cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

easy vpn timeout

ippolito
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I would have sworn I already posted this question but couldn't find it, sorry if this is a repeat.

We have two 5505's connected via easy vpn, both at version 8.2.5.13.  Every half hour the session timed out and the remote end had to be rebooted in order to re-establish the tunnel.  In troubleshooting, I found this setting:  "vpn-idle-timeout", which has a default of 30 minutes.  However, there was a video stream flowing down the tunnel, so the connection should not have been considered "idle".

In further troubleshooting I found this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807e0aca.shtml#solution13

But the wording makes it sounds like the connection will be disconnected after 30 minutes *even if* it is not idle:

"The VPN client gets disconnected after 30 minutes regardless of the setting of idle timeout and encounters the

PEER_DELETE-IKE_DELETE_UNSPECIFIED

error."

Can someone decrypt that for me?  What I'd like to know is:  will my connection still be disconnected every 30 minutes regardless of how I set the vpn-idle-timeout?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: