Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable local LAN access question

Hello,

I have a question about the "Enable local LAN access" option in the AnyConnect client that  hope someone can help me with.

We have a user who would like to print to his home printer when using his work laptop on the VPN at home.

We have previously looked at the split tunneling option but the "Enable local LAN access" option seems to be a simpler solution on paper.

From reading the administration guide, it looks like there are two steps to enable this feature:

1. Configure the AnyConnect client using the checkbox;

2. Configure the ASA device with a new ACL to allow local printing.

Another company support our ASAs so I'm not very familiar with the configuration of them.

Will the local LAN access option allow a user to print from home and if so, are there any aditional steps or security concerns we should be thinking about?

Kind Regards,

Nico

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Enable local LAN access question

Nico,

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080702992.shtml#dsfg

If the printer is an IP printer yes, you should have access to tha printer with local LAN access.

As far as security, "if you have access to local LAN, local LAN has access to you" nothing that a firewall installed on host cannot mitigate

Marcin

Re: Enable local LAN access question

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for the reply, it confirmed what I thought and what Cisco said on the phone earlier

Regards,

Nico

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content