Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Error processing payload: Payload ID: 1

Hi All,

Having being able to get a basic Ipsec VPN (with userid/password) connection to work between my Cisco ASA 5505 and iPad over the Internet, I now am trying to introduce a digital certificate in the authentication VPN mechanism.

However, I am getting an "Error processing payload: Payload ID: 1" , as seen on the Real time log viewer of my ASDM 6.2.

This is what I did on the 5505 ASA to create a digital certificate:-

1) go to Configuration -> Remote Access VPN -> Network (Client) Access -> IPsec Connection Profiles and using the DefaultRAGroup profile I exported the Identity certificate (previously created) as PKCS12 with an appropriate passphrase/password.

2) I then created a new connection profile on the iPad using the CISCO ASA exported identity certificate. And unfortunately the connection fails, with the above message.

I would like to know if I am on the right track thinking I can use the CISCO identity certificate on the Client computer.

The identity certificate is RSA 1024 bits and is self enrolled.

I have not ebabled the CA Server in the Local Certificate Authority of the ASA 5505, I wonder if I have to.

I would appreciate any feedback to help me get my IPsec VPN working between my iPad and the CISCO ASA.

Cheers

Edward

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies