cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External interface vpn connectivity for separate isp pipe

skhan
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have a ssl and fat client vpn connectivity from the public interface on isp1. The current ISP has a T1, but my second ISP has a DS3

I would like to configure a second isp totally different isp and different ip subnet on the external interface on a 3020 vpn concentrator

I believe this is possible, but worried about the routing as normally the default--> sends it to public. I would need the return traffic going out the external interface when the vpn user tries to make connectivity using ssl or fat cisco vpn client to the ip address of the external interface.

Example or some great info really appreciated.

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

So, you are talking about asymmetric routing at the Concentrator end. If I understand correctly, all outgoing SSL traffic should exit through the external interface and the rest of the traffic to the Internet through the default 'Public' interface. I can't think of a way to do this from top of my head. I am just thinking of using the filters that are used to 'hairpin' the traffic, overriding the Tunnel Default Gateway.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/vpn3000/4_1/config/iprout.htm#1141282