Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

EzVPN in Network Extension Mode and VPN Concentrator

I have finally managed to get an Easy VPN session between an 837, running 12.3(7)T and a VPN 3000 Concentrator in Network Extension mode, however, I have discovered a couple of issues:

For some reason the "peer <hostname|address>" command under the "crypto ipsec client ezvpn" configuration must be an IP address. If a FQDN is specified, the router attempts the connection (it can resolve the FQDN) but fails to complete Aggressive Mode, according to the debugs. Change it to an IP address and it works fine. I don't know whether this is subtly related to the difference between ISAKMP identity modes. Using the hostname also automatically added an extra line "crypto isakmp key XXX hostname fqdn", where XXX is the key associated with the configured group name.

Also, Reverse Router Injection doesn't appear to work with EzVPN clients, even though "enable RRI for hardware clients" is enabled on the Concentrator and is working correctly with VPN3002s. Are EzVPN clients considered "hardware clients"? A workaround was to add a hold-down route on the Concentrator.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: EzVPN in Network Extension Mode and VPN Concentrator

With reference to your question on RRI, you could be running into CSCdx51742. Another possibility is bug CSCdx51742 'No route added via RRI with IOS & PIX EZVPN in NEM'. This deals more specifically with the question of using the PIX and IOS devices as clients in NEM and the minimum version of software on the concentrator that supports the functioonality.

Views
Helpful
Replies