Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Failover ASA pair to failover ASA pair - problem accessing remote standby

<p>I have a L2L VPN that goes from the head end of a ASA failover pair to a remote ASA failover pair. There is nothing wrong with the VPN tunnel or access to any of the network EXCEPT the standby ASA on the remote side.</p>

<p>I am trying to access the remote standby device going over the tunnel (and so is tacacs/ciscoworks/ehealth etc). I believe the packets are getting to that firewall just fine, but when it tries to route back home it sends the packet out the outside interface, because the primary has a tunnel established on the outside interface. This is when the packet just dies and gets lost.</p>

<p>How can I get the standby ASA to use the active ASA's vpn tunnel when sending packets destined for something on the other side of that tunnel? There has to be a magic cisco command that does this correct?</p>

1 REPLY

Re: Failover ASA pair to failover ASA pair - problem accessing r

I'm not sure if people don't have enough information to help me or if there truly is no solution to this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content