Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

failover on a vpn3k

I just figured out that in order to configure VRRP between two 3030's, that the same code (4.7) needed to be on both concentrators. I could not find any reference to this is any release notes. Is there a doc out there that states this is mandatory to run VRRP?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: failover on a vpn3k

VRRP enables redundancy for tunnel connections only. Therefore, if a VRRP failover occurs, the backup only listens to tunnel protocols and traffic. Pinging the VPN Concentrator does not work. Participating VPN Concentrators must have identical configurations. The virtual addresses configured for VRRP must match those configured on the interface addresses of the Master.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_tech_note09186a0080094490.shtml

I'm having the similar problem "VRRP Authentication Type Mismatch Peer" where I have 2 concentrators with different software versions. VRRP config is identical. Do you need the same software version on each concentrator for VRRP to work.

Cisco Employee

You can also implement VRRP on the concentrators with different code releases however it

is strongly recommend having them on the same version of code. If not, then the two

load-balanced concentrators will not be supporting the same features, which could lead you

to intermittent connectivity problems through the VPN for your remote users. Adding to

this in code 4.7, there are major feature and structural changes which won't be supported

by 4.1.7.

Hope this helps! If so, please rate.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content