Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Forward port for VPN

Hello All,

I have a Cisco WRVS4400N Wireless-N Gigabit Security Router - VPN V2.0 and I have successfully setup the VPN. I have a client on a windows 7 machine on a 192.168.1 subnet. I have the server network on a 10.10.10 subnet. The machine that I want to connect to is running windows xp. Using this router you have to use the QuickVPN client. I have discovered that with no ports forwarded and firewalls up, I am unable to access any shares on the xp machine, but I am able to ping it. I found that if I disable the router's firewall and the xp's firewall, I was able to view the shares. I found that the client was using port 60443. I forwarded 60443 with UDP in the router. I was able to keep the router's firewall up and have the xp's firewall down and I could still see the shares. So I have taken care of the router. Now moving onto the xp machine. I have tried forwarding as well 60443 with UDP and 443 with UDP (was the other port option on the client, but I don't use it) and still I don't see the shares, but still able to ping.

So what port do I need to forward?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content