Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

freeswan and 3020 Concentrator

I have a few tunnels going to Cisco Routers from Freeswan that work great although I can't seem to get a conection to Cisco Concentrator.

Does anybody know if there are compatability issues, or any special entries required in the configs on either side?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: freeswan and 3020 Concentrator

FreeSWAN does work for a site-to-site connection, but it doesn't do anything useful for a scalable number of remote access users. The Linux client runs on Linux only (Intel). You could use L2TP/IPsec if there was such a client, but we haven't tested to ensure compatibility, I am not sure of any particular clients to be testing with.

Also see : http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/471/vpn3k_linux_7203.html

Re: freeswan and 3020 Concentrator

Actually I got it up and working, I did have to set the SPI on the Freeswan side 0x200. Seems to be doing a pretty good job, although don't trust it when it says the tunnels up.

I have had good experiences when connecting Freeswan to Cisco, from both IOS routers, Pix, and now Concentrators. AGAIN, don't trust the window that says the tunnel is up. Ping is Paradise.

Views
Helpful
Replies