Views
Helpful
Replies

fw_qs_filled error

csiracusa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!!

Do you know the meaning of "fw_qs_filled" error counter on "show crypto engine accelerator statistics" command?!

Thanks

Cinzia

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cinzia,

Are these counters increasing or these are at 0? I have not yet tried to find a meaning to these counters.

Regards,

Kamal

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cinzia,

Are these counters increasing or these are at 0? I have not yet tried to find a meaning to these counters.

Regards,

Kamal

Hi Kmalhotr,

the counters are increasing....

Thanks

Cinzia

Hi Cinzia,

You seem to be hitting a bug. Which says "

"Symptoms: Small packets may be dropped when CEF is enabled. This situation may cause encryption or description failures for packets with a certain packet size.

Conditions: This symptom is observed when packets are switched on any interface via CEF or fast switching. The symptom affects packets with a small size (for example, 36 or 37 bytes).

Workaround: There is no workaround."

There is a duplicate bug of this one that is titled : VPN-NetGx: Excessive CPU usage with AH & multilink group

and it says "Using AH (authentication header) with ppp multilink-group uses excessive CPU. This happens only on the decrypt side. Two serial interfaces are bundled together on a "Multilink interface". On decryption Router A's CPU reaches 95% with just 100pps of 64 bytes and Router B's CPU reaches 95% with just 190ppps. Same routers, if used for

encryption with the same traffic do not use more than 5% of their CPU.

Even sofware crypto can decrypt the same amount of traffic with less than

5% of CPU.

This happens only with AH-SHA-HMAC or AH-MD5-HMAC and does not happen with:

ESP-3DES

ESP-3DES ESP-SHA-HMAC

ESP-3DES ESP-MD5-HMAC

ESP-AES

ESP-AES ESP-SHA-HMAC

ESP-AES ESP-MD5-HMAC

If we increase the rate, packets are dropped on the decrypt side. "fw_qs_filled" counters in "show crypto engine accelerator stat" will

start increasing and eventually traffic will stop. "

In this situation, I would recommend opening a TAC case for troubleshooting.

HTH,

Please do rate if it helps,

Regards,

Kamal

Thanks a lot Kamal!!

If this counter will increase again I will open a TAC Case.

Best Regards and have a good time!!!

Cinzia