Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

GETVPN (CA server & KS on the same router)

Hello

I am fairly new to GETVPN and I hit a brick wall at the moment. I am hoping somene will be able to help me...

In attachement I will put a visio of my design in which I want to enable GETVPN.

I want to enable GETVPN on my testnetwork but I want to perform ISAKMP authentication by using PKI in stead of pre-shared keys. And I want the GETVPN key server to be the CA server also (and the COOP KS must be the backup CA server but this I haven't tried yet as I don't manage the KS to be CA).

To dismiss any connectivity issues in advance: when I use pre-shared keys, GETVPN operates as it should.

Can someone point me towards a document that explains clearly how and why I have to configure certain things?

I used following documents already:

- GETVPN design & implementation guide.

- GET VPN solution deployment guide

- Configure and enroll a cisco router to another cisco router configured as CA server

However without success at this point.

I am looking for some pointers: What should I configure first? Why (so I can understand what I did/do wrong), What second, etc...

The core is MPLS

GETVPN works when using ISAKMP pre-shared keys

WAN adresses are not known to the Customer, so the GETVPN uses the LAN addresses to authenticate en encrypt (with the crypto map Customer1 local-address "LAN interface" comand).

Crypto map is applied to WAN interface (172.16.0.x)

I also tried to make it work on an easier network R1-----SW1----R2

|

R3

But I did not manage to make it work like this either.

If you need more info, I'll be glad to provide you with this. (Configs I can not provide at this moment as I am not at my lab).

Kr

S

1 REPLY

Re: GETVPN (CA server & KS on the same router)

I solved the issue, I am busy right now, but I will upload the configs once I have some free time.

Views
Helpful
Replies