Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

GETVPN design details - KS and GDOI

Hi ...

I have some doubts about designing a GETVPN solution.

I have a big network with 5 concentration points with routers 3925, this concentration points connects to central network and each one connects some reomote locations.

We are thinking to use GETVPN to make IPSec tunnels between remote locations and central network, but checking the design of GETVPN we are not sure about:

- How to size the KS servers.   We are considering two routers but how big or how much memory they must have ?

- Is it possible to configure differents GDOI groups in KS ?    We are going to have almost 5 or 6 concentrations routers, if we configure ACLs they are going to be so big to propagate among all routers.  In all deployments that I'll worked allways I configured a central point with remote offices but using just one GDOI.   is it possible to create differents GDOI groups for separate the ACLs ?

Thanks in advance ....  I'll really appreciate the suggestions ...

Guillo.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

GETVPN design details - KS and GDOI

Guillo,

KS can serve mutliple groups configured (different policies) and GM can be subsribed to multiple groups (you differentiate based on identity number and interface crypto map is applied to).

KSes should scale better with multicast rekey (no surprise) - for a typical deployment going below 3800 is not recommended (unless you have a small network with less than 200 GMs).

Marcin

Views
Helpful
Replies