Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help-I think I screwed myself

I was configuring Access Rights on my 3005 Concentrator and made a bad setting. I was trying to limit administrative control (to the 3005) to my pc's static IP address and chose Admin Group 3 which showed my name. Now when I login to the 3005 I do not have all the priviliges I used to have and I'm the only admin! I have virtually no priviliges in the Administration section using any Admin username. Trying from a different pc doesn't help and cycling the 3005 unit doesn't help-I must have saved my work. I can't reload a previously saved configuration.

How do I fix this? Is there a sequence I can use to reset the unit to factory specs?

7 REPLIES

Re: Help-I think I screwed myself

Never mind. I did an admin reset at the console and can now admin everything again... phew...

Hi Tim,

Do you know what bootcode version your concentrator is? I have the same problem for some time now and the version of my bootcode is release 2.5. The recovery note says I should contact cisco TAC for assistance if the release is 2.5 or earlier. Not getting much asistance at the moment from TAC. I would like to know if the procedure for normal recovery will still work for the release 2.5.

Regards

Pc

I don't know what bootcode version we have nor do I know how to find out. I poked around via Telnet and didn't see it. If you tell me how to check the version, I will. I don't remember how I fixed the original problem.

Tim,

Sorry for late response on this. Have been away. If you check monitoring -> system status, you will find the versions of the code. I wll try the normal recovery procedure ggilbert suggested and see if that works.

Regards

Pc

Cisco Employee

Normal procedure for recovery will work.

- gilbert

Hi Gilbert,

I will try the normal procedure as you suggested and see if that works. Have you done a similar thing in the past.

Regards

pc.

Cisco Employee
Views
Helpful
Replies