Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How can I configure to connect ASA5500 using ASDM ?

Hello...

I have ASA5540 to use WebVPN on ouside.

I've configure WebVPN using ASDM on ouside interface. To connect ASDM from Internet, I tried to enable HTTP function on outside, but the error message occured. "becasue you use WebVPN function, You can't enable Http management function on outside interface"

How can i connect ASA550 from Internet using ASDM?

Additionally, the telnet is the same.

I can't connect ASA5500 on outside interface using telnet utility...

Please let me know...

Regards,

John.

4 REPLIES

Re: How can I configure to connect ASA5500 using ASDM ?

You should not be using telnet to your firewall over the internet nor ASDM for that matter. The appliance is designed to be managed from the inside or delegated "management-only" interface. In your case you would need to setup vpn and manage it from remote-access or site-to-site vpn. I am not sure that you can ssh to the outside interface either.

Thank your for your advice.

As you told me, If i use management-only interface to access from internet, Should i connect the management interface to outside zone, Am i right?

Regards,

John.

Hi..

For access outside interface from outside the network you have to come over VPN. By using VPN you able to access ASDM or telnet as you access from inside of your network..

Hi,

Please let me know more detail?

Regards,

John.

Views
Helpful
Replies