cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I create URL bookmark on WebVPN Portal with CLI?

I want to create URL bookmark or URL link to display in the Web Portal to WebVPN user but the url-list command are removed from the ASA 8.x. Could I create the URL bookmark for WebVPN user by the CLI? I know that I can use the ASDM built-in editor or an external XML editor to create these.

7 Replies 7

Jay Young
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The bookmarks are xml lists that are imported as webcontent into the ASA.  Once that is done then you can reference the list.  Since the ASA doesn't have a built in text editor and that the lists are stored in a hidden place the only way to do it is to either manually create them on a server and then bring them in or use the ASDM.

In the 7.x code all clientless customization was included in the running configuration.  With the introduction of 8.x many more options were added allowing for greater flexibility.  These new options would make the running config unmanagable, as a result they were moved to separate xml files.  In effect this removed the capability of configuring a bookmark list via the CLI though.

Please note that TAC will not support importing of bookmarks made by any other means than the ASDM or via a Cisco Security Manager deployment.

I hope this answered your question, please let me know if any points need clarification.

Thanks

-Jay

Hi Jay,

Thank you for excellent and clear answer from you.

Thanks and Regards,

Pipatpong

Hi Jay

I'm new to clientless SSL VPN and am trying to configure it via CLI. I need to publish a URL on the portal, should I use the import command and how? The url is simple, it's http://10.1.1.1:32123

K,

As I mentioned above I would recommend against doing the bookmarks manually and suggest you do it via the ASDM.

If you save the following to a file on a ftp server then you can import the xml using the following command:

file testcli2.txt:

<![CDATA[testlink1]]>
get
yes
</span><a class="jive-link-external-small" href="http://2.2.2.2:3333">http://2.2.2.2:3333</a><span>

no

command :

import webvpn url-list testcli2 ftp://172.18.254.201/testcli2.txt

-Jay

It worked via asdm but I still can't access my web application! It's a testing server Xserver.

Attached is the config if you can help plz

Hi,

I can see in the config that your inside interface is 10.2.2.0/24 and you only have a route for 0/0 pointing out the outside interface.  It appears you don't have a route for 10.1.1.1 in your routing table.

The ASA must be able to reach the server you are trying to access.  Try pinging from the ASA to confirm that you have connectivity.  When you click on the link you should see a tcp syn packet being sent from the ASA's ip address towards the server.  Try troubleshooting down that alley.

-Jay

It's direclty connected, the problem was with the port, it's solved now thx anyways!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: