cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I stop my ASA using a 3rd party cert for ASDM authentication

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, My user is getting the following error message when trying to log into the ASDM of his ASA - "%ASA-3-717023 SSL failed to set device certificate for trustpoint"

He's using a third party certificate for SSL VPN authentication on the same device and I'm thinking that the ASA is using the 3rd party certificate to authenticate ASDM users rather than using the self signed one?

If anyone has had this before, how did you resolve it?

Many Thanks!

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Error Message: %PIX|ASA-3-717023 SSL failed to set device certificate for trustpoint [trustpoint name]

This message displays when a failure occurs when you set a device certificate for the given trustpoint in order to authenticate the SSL connection. When the SSL connection comes up, an attempt is made to set the device certificate that will be used. If a failure occurs, an error message is logged that includes the configured trustpoint that should be used to load the device certificate and the reason for the failure.

trustpoint name-Name of the trustpoint for which SSL failed to set a device certificate.

Recommended Action: Resolve the issue indicated by the reason reported for the failure.

Ensure that the specified trustpoint is enrolled and has a device certificate.

Make sure the device certificate is valid.

Reenroll the trustpoint, if required.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: