cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I verify my site to site vpn using ASDM ?

Tod Larson
Level 3
Level 3

How do I verify that my site to site VPN is really working using ASDM?  I was hoping to see some sort of nifty graph or counter is ASDM but I don't see anything.  From the CLI using "sh crypto ipsec SA" I see the encaps and encrypts incrementing so I think it's working.

ASA5505 on each end

ASA Version: 8.0.5

ASDM Version: 6.3.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tod,

on the cli, indeed the counters in "show crypto ipsec sa" will tell you whether data is passing over the tunnel.

In ASDM you can go to Monitoring -> VPN -> VPN statistics -> Sessions and select "IPsec Site-to-Site" as the filter.

I don't think we have graphs for the data over the tunnels, but you can have a graph of the number of active tunnels  (Monitoring -> VPN -> VPN connection graphs -> IPsec tunnels)

hth

Herbert

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tod,

on the cli, indeed the counters in "show crypto ipsec sa" will tell you whether data is passing over the tunnel.

In ASDM you can go to Monitoring -> VPN -> VPN statistics -> Sessions and select "IPsec Site-to-Site" as the filter.

I don't think we have graphs for the data over the tunnels, but you can have a graph of the number of active tunnels  (Monitoring -> VPN -> VPN connection graphs -> IPsec tunnels)

hth

Herbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: