cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you verify DMVPN is working correctly?

mamuwahig1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am new to DMVPN and would like to know how to verify it is working correctly other than ping tests.  If you would be so kind to show me what to I would greatly appreciate your help.  I do not have an problems at present but want to learn and understand what to do so I will know when it is working correctly or not.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

Mamu

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could this be of help?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27524

It's written with troubleshooting in mind, but should give you an indication of what's needs to be checked.

View solution in original post

Mamu,

That's good to hear. Please rate replies if they are useful to you.

Regards,

- Marvin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could this be of help?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27524

It's written with troubleshooting in mind, but should give you an indication of what's needs to be checked.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good link from Marcin - endorsed!

The low level check from that list I most often perform is to look for neighborship in the routing protocol. That tells me all the underlying protocols are up and peers are reachable. Also, if I'm familiar with the routes I expect to see, "show ip route " tells me at a glance which spokes are up.

My other go-to check is to simply log into a remote site device. If ssh to a private IP address works, then the DMVPN and routing protocol are passing packets as intended.

Thank you to Marvin Rhoads and Marcin Latosiewicz for your suggestions.  I am working with both of these now and they have helped me out quite a bit. 

Mamu

Mamu,

That's good to hear. Please rate replies if they are useful to you.

Regards,

- Marvin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: