cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to assignment solid ip to vpn client

wanglei
Level 1
Level 1

my cisco vpn client software connect to router.router is acted as vpn server.

how can i config router to assignment solid ip to client.i only know use ip local pool.but the client get ip dynamicly.

if router can do this or not !

thank you very much!

3 Replies 3

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Check Configuration > System > Address Management > Assignment to verify that the correct address assignment method is selected.

If you have selected Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), verify that the VPN Concentrator can connect to the DHCP server.

If you have selected local address pool, verify that the address pool is configured on the VPN Concentrator.

If you have selected authentication server, verify that the authentication server is configured correctly. (The address can only be assigned with RADIUS.)

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

as far as i know, router is not capable to assign static ip for remote vpn client.

a workaround i can think of is to create multiple groups. each group has only one ip, and each remote user belongs to one group.

however, this would be complicated if number of remote users is huge.

thanks.

someone said that can use acs implement this function.

when client access server.it through radious certification.then the acs server allocate solid ip to the client according the username.

i think maybe this is a good way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: