Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to configure ASA to allow activesync connections ?

To allow Activesync connections (between smartphones and an internal Exchange server) thru an ASA, I think about 3 or 4 potential solutions :

1) do a NAT on the Exchange server and allow  activesync TCP connections from any IP to the Exchange server : I tested that and this works, but it is not the most secure solution we can imagine;

2) use a Clienless VPN SSL  ASA configuration : I tried it, but got problems certaintly related to the fact that the Activesync client, installed on my Android/Samsung smartphone, does not seem to be able vto pass properly thru the ASA Portal to reach the Exchange server;

3) use an Anyconnect VPN ASA configuration : I tried it , but did not manage to install or use any of the Samsung Anyconnect client available on Android Market; by the way, I saw, in the Anyconnect VPN Client Admin Guide 2.4, that an ActiveSync MSI is available from CISCO (

anyconnect-wince-ARMv4I-activesync-AnyConnectRelease_Number-k9.msi), but I don't see any details about how it is supposed to be used except that it is for Windows environment only, so, not for an Android phone, but I have Windows Mobile smartphones to integrate too, so, maybe it can help me in this case ;

4) if Clientless nor Anyconnect solutions can't work, it might be better to use the ASA Cut-Through proxy function to get a more secure solution than the first one listed above; but I was not successful either with this cut-through proxy function

Any ideas or examples about how to allow activesync connections thru ASA would be welcomed

thanks in advance

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies