cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

How to distribute spokes in DMVPN

Hello Friends,

I have Dual hub, Dual cloud DMVPN. The Hub are configured for point to multipoint and Spokes are configured for point to point, both using OSPF.

All is working fine as if now. spokes are getting default route from hub's as NSSA. The problem i am trying to resolve is as follows:-

Currently all spokes use Hub 1 as primary and the bandwidth for Hub1 is around 80% utilized, while my Hub 2 ( in a different phy location ) is sitting idle with 0 bw utilization , waiting for hub 1 to fail and handle all spoke traffic.

for better utilization of hub 2 bandwith and to avoid increasing bw at hub 1, i wanted to distribute my spokes on both Hub 1 and 2. With OSPF this is causing asymetric routing.

Can you suggest me ideas on how can i acomplish distribution or optimally use the bandwidth, without changeing the area type of NSSA. Will BGP is better?

thanks

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

How to distribute spokes in DMVPN

Hi,

The outound traffic from spokes are easy. You can change ospf cost on the tunnel to favor one hub over the other. The inbound traffic to spokes might get asymmetry. How's your hub connected at the back? Are they in same ospf domain, or connected via BGP? Can you have differetnt OSPF process on spokes, and advertise more specific routes through one tunnel?

HTH,

Lei Tian

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content