Views
Helpful
Replies

How to download Client

cafmexplorer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco people

We have many customers that require us to login to their systems to service our software systems, using the Cisco VPN Client.  However we have found that we now need a 64bit Windows 7 version and cannot get this from Cisco because we are not

A customer or have a support contract.  I have tried to download this from software from the CISCO site but cannot.  I don’t see what problem there is letting users download the software?

Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

On the windows 7 machines, under the properties for the Cisco VPN client - choose "compatibility" then "XP Service Pack 3" this should allow you to run x86 version of the cisco client on the 64bit OS.

HTH>

I have tried this and it works but after about 15-20 minutes it blue screens the Windows 7 laptop or it just completely hangs up the laptop and needs re-booting?

Many thanks for your reply

Paul

OK - as far as I am aware there is no 64bit VPN Windows Client - Cisco have move toward the AnyConnect Client witch is supported on 64 bit systems. So you either downgrade your OS - or your customers have to upgrade and re-configure there VPN access for you.

HTH>

Ok many thanks; can I get this AnyConnect client? If so from where? The other option maybe in the meantime is to use a 32 bit Virtual PC in Windows 7 or try avoiding Cisco VPN’s

Many Thanks

Paul

There absolutely is a 64 bit version of the ipsec vpn client. There wasn't for a long time but it's been out a little while now.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=281940730&catid=268438162&os=Windows&softwareid=282364316&release=5.0.07.0440&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all

Ok can I download it from somewhere?

Nice - all reference URLs I have still indicate no 64bit client...I suppose Cisco just have to go around and update them!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: