Views
Helpful
Replies

i need help with clientless vpn through ASA

m-mostafa
Level 1
Level 1

i have an ASA 5520 with 7.2 and asdm 5

i ve done all the needed config and everything is working except the rdp port-fowarding actually the problem is coming from the client side the java can't accept the certificate from the asa so is there a way to solve this problem

actually i am going to clientless vpn to do this tasks

rdp and telnet

so i hope there will be a solution  for this problem

8 Replies 8

I would asume that the signing on the downloaded applet is not valid any more because it's too old. Upgrade to a more recent version and it should work again.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

thanks for your answer

do you mean to upgrade the asa ios

yes, the port-forwarding-applet is part of the ASA-software.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

sorry another finall question

if i upgrade my ASA IOS to 8.x

does this affect any licenses or configuration on my local asa

or there is no affect for this upgrade

thanks and appreciating you answers

Mostafa,

just to add on Karsten's post. upgrading ASA Code doesn't affect your configuration or licenses. however Please take backup of your existing config. before performing any action.

from the first post, I could see that you are running ASA Code 7.2 right now, it is safe to upgrade it to 8.3

with ASA 8.3, the asdm compatible version is 6.3, however you can use 7.1(5) which is recommended. visit this page for compitability (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html#wp42231 )

hope this helps you.

please rate helpful posts.

JD...

it's only safe to upgrade up to 8.2x. Beginning with 8.3 the config changed quite heavily and it's very likely that the ASA won't have enough RAM to run these versions.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

thanks karsten for your help

thanks mr jigar a lot for your answer i am plan to upgrade soon 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: