cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE10, SSL VPN from an RV220W will not install

road_biker
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to use the SSL-VPN from an RV220W, on Windows 7 64bit SP1 , I am cannot get beyond the message "64bit Internet Explorer is required to install this application".  No Active-X install happens and the SSL-VPN has never been initiated.

I see other threads on here, such as the following, and have tried the settings listed in the threads, but nothing will work.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11585316/ssl-vpn-issues-internet-explorer

What I've set:

-Added the site to IE10's trusted sites.

-Set security to low on Trusted sites.

-Enable Enhanced Protected Mode (and rebooted).

-Enable Protected Mode -- For Trusted Sites.

-64 and 32 bit Java are up to date.

-Have Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables installed, for 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2013. Both 32 and 64.

Am I missing something?  The above (and other) threads are from several years ago.

1 Reply 1

road_biker
Level 1
Level 1

I'll answer my own question, I got this working on IE11.

On the Windows 7 machine in question, I have:

-Added the site to IE11's trusted sites.

-Set security to Low on Trusted sites. Intend to play with this and see how high it can go.

-Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Security > Enable Enhanced Protected Mode (and rebooted). This makes IE11 (or 10) run only in 64bit mode.

- Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab > Enable Protected Mode.

-64 bit Java installed. Java 7 Update 67.

-Have Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables installed -- 2005, 2008. Note: 64 bit only installed.

-- 2005: no explicit version listed.

-- 2008 has 3 versions installed: 9.0.30729.6161, 9.0.30729.4181 and 9.0.30729.61651

- I also set Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Security > Allow Software to run or Install even if the signature is invalid. Not sure this mattered, but I intend to disable it after things install the first time. EDIT: This setting is not needed. The Active-Xs Install and uninstall with it unchecked.

-IE Emulation (F12 key): This is the key/big secret, it works different in IE11 than in IE10:

-- F12 Key > Scroll down to Emulation (funky looking icons on the LH side) > Document Mode = 9, User Agent String = default (no change). If you change it when on the VPN Tunnel/Portal webpage, then the screen redraws and the two installs start right away.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: