Views
Helpful
Replies

Initiation VPN tunnel from the static to dynamic side

nitass
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In case of site to site VPN between static IP (ASA) and dynamic IP (Linksys AG241), would it be possible to initiate VPN tunnel from the static side? How can I configure it? Could you please advice?

Thank you very much,

Nitass

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nitass, I am quite sure that you cannot initiate a session with from ASA, that is from VPN server side.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

sachintyagi
Level 1
Level 1

Nitass,

ASA would not support dynamic VPN like DMVPN. If your Linksys device supports, you can configure EZVPN between ASA and the Linksys device. This way you can have a static IP address on the ASA and a dynamic ip addr on Linksys device.

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for reply. Anyway, can I initiate the VPN tunnel from the Linksys (dynamic IP) side rather than the ASA (static IP) side?

Thanks,

Nitass

Hi Nitass,

Yes the tunnel will always be initiated from the client (Linksys) side.

Hi Sachin,

Sorry I mistyped. Actually, I would like to ask if I can initiate the VPN tunnel from the ASA (static) side or not.

Thanks,

Nitass

Nitass, I am quite sure that you cannot initiate a session with from ASA, that is from VPN server side.

Hi Sachin,

I see. :(

Thanks,

Nitass

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: