Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing 3rd party certificate in Cisco ASA

veonwu0702
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We have configured an CSR in Cisco ASA for 3rd party CA to generate the certificate, however, the CSR configuration was lost because of some reason.

How can we install this certificate without the CSR in Cisco ASA.  Or we have to generate another certificate from CA, it will be chargebale for the new certificate.

Anyone can help to advise ?

Thanks

Veon

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need the CSR once you have received the certificate from the third party certificate vendor. Just upload the CA Root certificate and the identity certificate from the certificate vendor to the ASA.

Here is configuration guide for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808b3cff.shtml

Hope that helps.

Thanks Jennifer.

I can't find the way to install the certificate if the "Identity Certificates" is empty.

What I meant CSR configuration was lost is there is no identity certificate with "pending" status there.

As long as your identity certificate is generated from the CSR, then there is no issue with uploading the certificate into the ASA.

Have you tried to upload the certificate via command line?

I will try to use the command line to upload the cert, let you know the result.

thanks

Did it work from the CLI ?. I am in the same situation. I generated the CSR and requested the certificate (yet to receive it). But After I restart the ASA, I dont see the Certificate in the Pending state in the ASDM.

Philip Kish
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue.  I created the CSR and submitted it and received my Cert, but now it is missing from the Identity Certificates and I can't figure out how to install it.

Thanks

Phil

Hi Philip,

Once you recieve the CA cert, then you do not need to have the CSR once again..... you can just install the root/intermediate & ssl certificate in your network device....

Regards

Karthik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: