Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Intermittent RDP

I have been working on a client’s ASA 5510 v8.2(1) with setting up Anyconnect for the PC (domain and non-domain), Iphone/pad, and android, which in itself is pretty straight forward that I have done before for other clients. I am running into something strange when using RDP over the VPN and hope this makes sense to someone.

Anyconnect is setup with LDAP authentication, DAP to check a security group for the users allowed to connect, and the internet traffic is set to Tunnel All and is working correctly. When I test the VPN on a domain laptop with a separate internet connection from the office and logged in as a domain user I can ping and UNC by name and IP to computers inside, along with being able to RDP. I also test the VPN on an iPhone and android which can RDP to computer on the inside.

The problem is that sometime in the evening (anywhere from 6:30 to 10p) I am still able to connect to the VPN on iPhone, android, and a non-domain computer and ping and UNC, but cannot RDP to anything inside (made sure the systems I am trying do not sleep). Looking on the ASDM Real-Time Log Viewer I can see a built TCP for 3389 and then teardown. Even telnet <inside-computer> 3389 fails on the remote system.

However, when I log-in to the VPN on a domain computer as a domain user I can once again RDP to any computer and afterwards also once again able to RDP on the iPhone, android, and a non-domain computer over the VPN for a while and then stops after a period of time.

Any Suggestions?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content