cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP local pool problem with concentrator

justin.donoghue
Level 1
Level 1

Hi hope you can help. I have a vpn 3020 concentrator with the private interface being terminated in a DMZ of a pix.I have configured the concentrator with a local pool to give ip address to vpn clients. This works fine and I establish a tunnel and get an address but I cannot ping the private interface address of the concentrator which is in the same subnet as the address pool. I also cannot ping the DMZ interface of the pix which again is in the same subnet. I notice that the gateway I am being given when I get the address is the same as the address I'm given. The configuration of the local pool on the concentrator is very basic with no place to force a gateway or anything. I'm authenticating through an ACE server so I can't define static IP addresses for the clients nor for the moment can I configure the concentrator to use DHCP. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

From what I can see, it appears to me this could be due to two problems. First, there is something not correct in the configuration. Second, check the access-lists to see if you are allowing for the ICMP ECHO packets. Bye default, all traffic is blocked, you will have to explicetly enable this.

Any other thoughts?

Hi, it turns out it was an problem with the laptop the client was configured on.Thanks anyways

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: