Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP Phones over IPSEC VPN via (DSL/Cable) - Need Feedback

I would like to know if any of you with similar topology are having any issues with the phones.

Current setup:

We have remote offices with 10 to 20 user connected to our central office via T1. Users use the internet and have IP Phones (7900). Each office traffic runs via the T1 to our central office Router 7204/Switch 4507 and ASA 5520 where we run CUCM 7 and provide 50mb Internet to share between all remote offices.

We are running into bandwidth issues since a single T1 isn't enough for each office. Internet speeds isn't enought, QoS is configured and there are no problems with the phones.

Future changes:

(For each Office) I am looking at getting rid of the T1 and purchase 20mb or 40mb from CABLE/DSL provider, configured L2L VPN IPSEC on a ASA5505 to connect to our ASA 5520, configure QoS on remote 2800 series router to give priority to IP phones (See topology below)

CUCM----> ASA5520----> (DSL or Cable like Comcast / 20mb or more) L2L IPSEC VPN<----ASA5505<----2800 Series (QoS configured) + 3560 + 10 IP Phones or more          

Concerns:

I do have concerns regarding the ip phones (call drops, voice quality, others) since I do not have control of the packets once they go out encrypted to the DSL/Cable provider.

Please let me know if you have experienced any type of issues with similar configurations and/or if you have any recommendations.

Thanks in Advance,

Zeek 

Views
Helpful
Replies