cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPad + AnyConnect + Enterprise CA = gray hairs

mstrz
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone successfully implemented VPN with the Cisco Anyconnect app on the iPad, using a Windows CA? I'm trying to lock down the iPads so they always connect on demand.

I have been trying to use the SCEP (or network device cert) feature on the Windows CA, but I can't get the ASA to enroll. And the AnyConnect iPad app just says "no certificate available on this device" even when I manually imported the root ca onto the iPad.

Is this normally supposed to be a pain to deploy, or do most people have no problems?

3 Replies 3

Same thing for me:

iPad 1st generation

IOS - 5.0

CA - Windows 2008

I successfully imported personal certificate and Windows CA cert, so my personal cert is shown as trusted, but anyconnect doesn’t see any of them.

Also I try to import cert with URL and Anyconnect asks me password for cert and then show message that cert was successfully imported. But steel do not see any cert.

acarnegie
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also trying to get this working but cannot get the Windows CA to create the cert requested through SCEP. Have you managed to get this working yet?

No, unfortunately it became too much of a hassle and I cut my losses and abandoned the project. The amount of time it takes to get an iPad ready for enterprise environments only proves to me that the iPad is simply not, in any way, designed to be in an enterprise environment.