cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Iphone to ASA vpn with certificates error

jmprats
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I'm trying to make ipsec vpn with certificates between iphone and Cisco ASA, but i always obtain the error:

Negotiation with the VPN server failed

The debug don't shows nothing relevant and I can connect in the same vpn from an XP machine with Cisco VPN client without problem. Any help?

Anybody has configured iphone to asa ipsec vpn with certificates?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

jmprats
Level 4
Level 4

If I configure a Pre Shared Key, I can connect with the Iphone /IPAD without problem, but no luck with certificates.

I'm using the same certificates with Windows XP without errors

Anybody with success with this configuration?

I eventually found a way to work this solution.

I 've had to set the "IKE peer ID validation" to "Don not check" (before Required)

Now it works with iphone

What security issues does this mean?

We ran into this all the time too and never really got the iPhone / iPad working using certificates over an IPSEC VPN connection. We opted to implement SSL VPN using the AnyConnect client. There is a cost for licensing the SSL VPN concurrent connections and a small cost for getting the mobile license but it has paid off in the end.

You may want to take look into that path provided you have the budget to do so. I think that is the direction Cisco is pushing anyway especially since they will not be maintaining a 64 bit version of the IPSEC VPN client.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: