cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC peer not found

ntarnagada
Level 1
Level 1

I configured a pix for manual ipsec with a router.

After booting, i get this message from the pix:

VPN Peer: IPSEC: Peer info not found during IPSEC addition: Peer ip: 192.168.3.11

The devices can ping each other and when I debug the packet, I see that the router send AH packets to the PIX which not respond.

Where is the problem?

1 Reply 1

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ntarnagada,

Usually this message will only appear if you have the peer config missing on the PIX side.

Note: "Every static crypto map must define an access list and an IPsec peer. If either is missing, the crypto map is considered incomplete and any traffic that has not already been matched to an earlier, complete crypto map is dropped. Use the show conf command to ensure that every crypto map is complete. To fix an incomplete crypto map, remove the crypto map, add the missing entries, and reapply it."

So try checking out with the "show config" if you are missing any of that.

Additionally, the following shows the minimum required crypto map configuration when the security associations are being manually established on the PIX:

crypto transform-set someset ah-md5-hmac esp-des

crypto map mymap 10 ipsec-manual

crypto map mymap 10 match address 102

crypto map mymap 10 set transform-set someset

crypto map mymap 10 set peer 10.0.0.5

crypto map mymap 10 set session-key inbound ah 256 xxxxx

crypto map mymap 10 set session-key outbound ah 256 xxxxx

crypto map mymap 10 set session-key inbound esp 256 cipher xxxxx

crypto map mymap 10 set session-key outbound esp 256 cipher xxxx

For further details look at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/c.htm#1034654

hope this helps,

Regards,

Aamir

-=-=-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: