Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC site to site *2 with hairpinning between them

kcornally
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys,

I have the following requirement to achieve and just need to ensure that it is possible. Please see attached the relevant diagram.

• The Firewall in the Middle (Data Center) has only one purpose to terminate the VPNs and hair pin them . It has no LAN.

Why are we doing this ?? Company 2 needs to see the source of the ipsec traffic to be an Indian ip addr.

• I need to have the traffic flow between the 10.21.121.0/24 on site 1 to the network 192.168.7.0/24 on site B .Is this possible once I have.

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

the networks at both ends included in the encryption domain.

a no nat statement on the middle firewall for the both networks,

• How would I place a second firewall in the middle tier to be redundant if the main one failed. HSRP or similiar ???

Thanks in advance

7 Replies 7

kcornally
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys any ideas

Thanks

Kevin.

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

You just need an Active/Standby Failover SCenario between your Firewalls. A simple approach would be to place a switch infron of both firewalls and have a Failover as Active/Standby. this will allow you to have a redundancy incase the Primar FW goes down.

Thanks,

Mohamed

Cheers Mohamed.

And the hairpinning is that possible to achieve as described.

Kevin.

Yes Kevin.

Your described config is all what you need..

Regards,

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

thanks for clearing that up.

I presume that I dont need Cisco devices at the remote ends to achieve this I only need a Cisco ASA in the Central Site to achieve this Hairpin action. In our network we have Fortinets at the remote end of the tunnel.

Kevin.

HI Kevin,

i have the same scenario. can you please help me..

i have at HUB site ASA 5520 & two spoke site have fortinet.

what configuration should be done on ASA for HAIRPINNING

ASA---------fortinet(lan subnet 10.10.10.0/24)

\--------fortinet (lan subnet 20.20.20.0/24)

i nee both fortinet subnet should talk each other with help of hairpinning.

Suhas

Hi,

Any updates...

suhas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: