cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC Site to Site is working but unable to ping

adecco-asa
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Site to Site VPN for our branch offices.It was working fine, suddenly we found that branches LAN is not pinging from HUB.

We are using ASA 5520 at HUB and Sonicwall at TZ100 at spokes.

IPsec tunnel is up and users at spokes are working and hub is reachable from spokes. HUB LAN ip is pinging from spokes LAN ip.

Packet trace results : packet droped due to implicit deny rule for inside.

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is not much detail here to work with. But based on the description I would guess that the access lists that define the traffic to be carried through the tunnel include most user traffic but do not include these pings.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

have you modified your Crypto ACL to include icmp and not just IP?

Hi Chris,

yes, i have modified Crypto ACL for icmp and IP. but still its not pinging from asa inside to sonicwall lan.

reverse ping is working fine.

Would need to see your acls and config. Do you have a Nat exemption? What are your inside standard acl rules? Might be conflicting.

When debugging VPN issues like this, I typically look at the following: NAT traversal and general NAT rules - what version of code is the ASA running? Crypto ACLs Routing information Check subnet masks If worked previously, what was recently addressed/altered on the devices? Some commands that are useful (ASA side) Show IPSec sa - check that you have encrypted and decrypted traffic and that the values are close. It will show the ACL that is being used for the tunnel. Show run tunnel-group -check that you have expected settings. If there is something there you don't understand or know its purpose, look it up. Show run crypto -check that you have NAT traversal configured if necessary Use 'management access inside' and 'ping inside' for testing where "inside" is the name of the interface you are using. Seeing the config would help us here as well.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: