Views
Helpful
Replies

Ipsec VPN connectivity between multiple subnet to single subnet

junaid haroon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have headquater where multiple vlan are running and branch office has only one subnet.following is subnet details

Head office subnets

192.168.30.0       all are /24

branch office

192.168.1.0/24

Head office i have PIX and in branch office i have cisco 2600 router.I want that my all subnet in headoffice access my branch office LAN

I want to create a ipsec vpn my question is that can i merge multiple subnets of headoffice in one subnet because I want ot get rid of multiple ACL entries

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Well if we look at the Branch site. It only has the single network and even with the overlapping destination network it shouldnt cause problem. If a host on the Branch network needs to connect to another local subnets host it will connect directly to it and the traffic wont flow through the router.

I am not sure if there should be any problems on the PIX side either.

But to be honest that is a very small amount of networks and I dont see a particular reason I would not configure each network specifically even though it would procude a couple  of lines more to the ACL. I personally prefer to be as specific as I can in the configurations to avoid any problems.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I guess you might be able to configure the HQ site in the ACLs as 192.168.0.0/17 (255.255.128.0) even though the Branch also belongs to this range.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

MY branch subnet is included in above range it will work okay for me??I mean it will not create any conflit?

Hi,

Well if we look at the Branch site. It only has the single network and even with the overlapping destination network it shouldnt cause problem. If a host on the Branch network needs to connect to another local subnets host it will connect directly to it and the traffic wont flow through the router.

I am not sure if there should be any problems on the PIX side either.

But to be honest that is a very small amount of networks and I dont see a particular reason I would not configure each network specifically even though it would procude a couple  of lines more to the ACL. I personally prefer to be as specific as I can in the configurations to avoid any problems.

- Jouni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: